Elo’s Annual General Meeting elected eight new members to the Supervisory Board
Elo’s Annual General Meeting, held on 29 April 2019, elected eight new members to the Supervisory Board. The number of members of the Supervisory Board was reduced from 44 to 42 members.
The Annual General Meeting approved the financial statements and the consolidated financial statements, decided on the disposal of the profit in accordance with the proposal of the Board of Directors, and released from liability the members of the Supervisory Board and the Board of Directors, and the CEO.
New members elected to serve on the Supervisory Board:
- Stefan Borgman, Chairman, METO Forestry Experts’ Association
- Juha Hakkarainen, Forest Director, Central Union of Agricultural Producers and Forest Owners (MTK)
- Ulla Hopponen, Financial Manager, Industrial Union
- Matti Huutola, Vice President and Director, Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions SAK
- Heidi Jaara, CEO, Wheslyn Group Oy
- Mats Nyman, Executive Director, YTY – Association for Managers and Professionals
- Millariikka Rytkönen, Chair, Tehy - The Union of Health and Social Care Professionals in Finland
- Mikko Salo, General Secretary, Union of Professionals in Natural, Environmental and Forestry Sciences Loimu
The following members whose term expired were re-elected: Pekka Metsi, Harri Miettinen, Heikki Pesu, Katariina Poskiparta, Ansu Saarela, Klaus Saarikallio, Tapio Volanen and Janne Ylinen.
The Annual General meeting decided that there will be no changes to the fees payable to the members of the Supervisory Board. The current meeting fee for members is 800 euro. Additionally, the Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board are paid annual fees totalling 5,000 and 3,800 euro, respectively. The members of the Supervisory Board are insured under the Employees Pensions Act, Section 8, and accordingly, their fees are subject to a TyEL contribution.
The Annual General Meeting appointed the KHT audit firm of Ernst & Young Oy as the company’s auditor for the financial year 2019.