Self-employed persons

The YEL income given in your YEL insurance as the amount corresponding to your work input should not be reported to the Incomes Register. If you pay yourself a salary, you shall report that information to the Incomes Register from 1 January 2019 onward.

When you report your earnings from entrepreneurial activities through an earnings payment report, it is important that you remember to include in the Income earner fields: Earnings-related pension insurance: YEL insurance for self-employed persons (YEL).

The YEL insurance policy number, the business ID of the pension provider and the pension policy number are not reported to the Incomes Register.

Elo is here to help and support you

Elo's Online Service is always available for you to use whenever it's most convenient for you. For TyEL and YEL insurance matters, please call us at +358 (0)20 694 730 (weekdays 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m)