Please also note the following issues
- Your employee is eligible for old-age pension
once he or she has reached the lowest pensionable age and the employment
relationship has ended. Talk with your employee and come to an agreement
on the date for the termination of the employment relationship and the
initiation of pension. The employment relationship must be terminated in
accordance with the standard periods of notice.
- The pension always begins on the first day of the
month, once the conditions for its payment have been met. For this reason,
it would be wise to terminate the employment relationship to end at the
end of the preceding month.
Partial early old-age pension
- Your employee’s partial early old-age pension is not linked to working or the end of working or to earnings. It is available to any person aged 61 or older who is not receiving any other pension.
- If your employee opts to work while receiving pension, the employment relationship must be insured.
Pension or benefit due to the weekend work ability of your employee
- The purpose of vocational rehabilitation is to ensure that your employee can continue working. When your employee applies for vocational rehabilitation, we will need the employer’s description concerning the employee’s ability to cope at work.
- Full disability pension generally begins after the period of sickness allowance paid by Kela, that is, approximately one year after the start of the sick leave. Your employee can also opt to apply for partial disability pension. An advance decision is issued upon receipt of the application and the employee can begin to receive the pension once his or her earnings have declined to 60% of the previous established earnings.
- Career pension is intended for those aged 63 and older who have been working for a minimum of 38 years in a strenuous job and have a reduced work ability.
Survivors’ pension is applied for by the family of your employee.