TyEL insurance provides employees with pension security
By taking TyEL insurance you will give comprehensive pension security for your employees. The earnings-related pension insurance covers the following:
– Old-age pension provides security when an employee retires at the lowest pensionable age. Employees are entitled to old-age pension once they have reached their lowest pensionable age and their employment relationship has ended.
Partial early old-age pension
– Partial early old-age pension allows employees to lighten their workload or give up working before they reach their pensionable age. While retired on a partial early old-age pension, there are no restrictions as to how much the employee can work or earn. Anyone who has turned 61 and is not receiving any other pension is entitled to partial early old-age pension.
– Full disability pension generally begins once an employee has been paid sickness allowance by Kela for a maximum number of days, which usually occurs approximately one year from the start of the employee’s incapacity to work.
Partial disability pension
– With a preliminary decision issued upon application, an employee can retire with a partial disability pension if their earnings have decreased to 60% of their previously established earnings.
– Career pension is available for persons aged at least 63 whose work ability has reduced and who have been working in a strenuous job throughout their career, or for a minimum of 38 years.
– In the case of the death of an employee, a survivors’ pension will secure the livelihood of the spouse and children under 20 years old.
TyEL insurance also facilitates vocational rehabilitation
of an employee whose work ability has significantly reduced. Vocational rehabilitation aims to maintain and improve an employee’s ability to work and thereby ensure their coping at work.