Applying for rehabilitation
Right to vocational rehabilitation
- You have not yet reached your lowest pensionable age
- You are facing the threat of having to retire on pension disability in the near future
- Your earned income from the preceding 5 calendar years totals a minimum of EUR 37,725.23 (in 2022)
- You have several years of work experience
- You are working or your work ended a relatively short time ago, and
- You are not entitled to vocational rehabilitation granted on the basis of an injury or traffic accident.
Handle your rehabilitation matters online
Elo’s Online Service enables you to:
- Get an estimate of the rehabilitation allowance
- Apply for rehabilitation
- Submit a rehabilitation plan
- Apply for travel reimbursements
- Submit attachments and files to Elo
- Give feedback on the rehabilitation procedure once it has ended.
Steps of the rehabilitation application process
Get an estimate of your rehabilitation allowance
Before you apply for rehabilitation, find out how much of a rehabilitation allowance you might get. This will give you an idea of your livelihood during a possible rehabilitation period.
If you are receiving a disability pension, the estimate of your rehabilitation allowance cannot be calculated. In this case, your pension will be increased by +33% during the rehabilitation period.
Apply for rehabilitation
Applying for rehabilitation using Elo’s Online Service is not only easy and convenient, it’s also the fastest method of application. Once you complete the online application, it will be forwarded for immediate processing.
The process of applying for rehabilitation always begins by discussing the issue with your own doctor, since you will need to attach a medical statement B from your doctor to your application. Discuss with your doctor what form of rehabilitation might be suitable for your situation and current health status. If, at this stage, you already have a rehabilitation plan drawn up, you can submit it to us along with your application.
Wait for the decision
Elo will provide you with a decision regarding your right to vocational rehabilitation. Elo’s decision confirming your right to vocational rehabilitation is valid for 10 months, during which you will be required to draft a rehabilitation plan.
What happens after I apply for rehabilitation?
Positive decision confirming your right to vocational rehabilitation
Read more about the rehabilitation plan >
Negative decision regarding your right to vocational rehabilitation
Read about disability pension >