Vocational rehabilitation for entrepreneurs
Has your work ability weakened? Does your health situation present challenges in terms of running a business? Elo’s vocational rehabilitation may be the solution to your situation.
The purpose of rehabilitation is to find a way to keep you in active working life despite your health challenges. It can also be helpful when returning to working life after a sick leave. Rehabilitation can help you to adapt your business activities so that they are more suitable for your health situation and enable you to continue working as an entrepreneur. It can also help you to initiate completely new business activities or to make the shift to being an employee for another employer.
Rehabilitation is part of the security provided by YEL insurance that is intended to safeguard both entrepreneurs and their business activities.
The aim of rehabilitation is to help you to continue working as an entrepreneur. Or to find a new career.
Entrepreneurs’ right to vocational rehabilitatio
Elo can support your vocational rehabilitation if:
- You have not yet reached your lowest pensionable age
- You are facing the threat of begin forced to retire on disability pension in the near future
- Your earned income from the preceding 5 calendar years totals a minimum of EUR 39 157,84 (in 2023)
- You have earnings for the previous 36 months or during that time you were not gainfully employed due to caring for a child under 3 years or an adopted child over 3 years
- You are not entitled to vocational rehabilitation granted on the basis of an injury or traffic accident.
Manage your rehabilitation matters online
Elo’s Online Service enables you to:
- Get an estimate of the rehabilitation allowance
- Apply for rehabilitation
- Submit a rehabilitation plan
- Apply for travel reimbursements
- Submit attachments and files to Elo
- Give feedback on the rehabilitation procedure once it has ended.
What is the process for an entrepreneur seeking rehabilitation?
1. Learn about rehabilitation
2. Apply for rehabilitation
Read more about the rehabilitation application process >
3. Draft a rehabilitation plan
Read more about the rehabilitation plan and different methods of rehabilitation >