Digital accessibility statement
We attempt to address most of the issues detailed in this statement during 2020.
Schedule for addressing issues
Elo’s open website www.elo.fi
The website mostly meets the critical A and AA requirements.
1. Issues with perceivability
- The service contains images that lack text alternatives.
- The service contains text frames and form input fields that lack explanations for assistive technologies.
- The service contains links that are distinguishable from text by colour alone.
- The website contains text that does not have an adequate contrast ratio.
2. Issues with operability
- The same link text is used to refer to several different targets.
- The service contains ambiguous link texts and image links that do not clearly explain where the link activation transfers the user.
- The service contains link elements that are not highlighted on focus.
3. Issues with understandability
- Some links open a pdf file or a new tab without prior warning.
- Most of the pdf files in the service are machine-readable. Some pdf files, however, are missing identifiers for assistive technologies.
Elo’s Online Service for insurance customers
The sections of Elo’s Online Service for corporate customers that concern the management and acquisition of mandatory employment pension insurance meet the critical A and AA requirements.
The added value services, for example, related to various reports and falling outside of the scope of public administrative tasks, are not subject to accessibility legislation and may contain content that is not accessible.
The access rights management concerning the Online Service will be renewed during 2021, with improvements to its accessibility as well.
Elo’s online service for private customers
The service meets the critical A and AA requirements.
Additional services to improve accessibility
Insurance and pension guidance in sign language
Elo provides insurance and pension guidance in sign language using the Chabla app (www.chabla.me).
Feedback on accessibility
If you notice issues in the accessibility of our digital services, please give us feedback using this online form and we will do our best to address the issue. We will answer you within 14 days. If you do not receive an answer or are not satisfied with the answer, you may submit a report to the supervisory authority in the Southern Finland Regional State Administrative Agency
Contact information for the supervisory authority
Accessibility control unit
Telephone switchboard +358 (0) 295 016 000