Principles of a paperless service
Forget about file folders and let us archive your insurance documents for you.
Our service ensures that they will stay safe and in order, and you’ll have more room on your shelves!
In a nutshell
- Elo will place all your insurance documents, such as policy documents and invoices, into its Online Service.
- Copies of the insurance contribution invoices are also saved in Elo’s Online Service. The paperless service does not affect the invoice delivery method; they are sent either electronically or as paper invoices through the mail.
- You can access the service using your personal Elo's ID or online banking codes.
- The documents are stored in the Online Service in PDF format or as electronic data content.
- Notifications about new documents will be sent to you by e-mail.
Insurance policy documents and decisions are stored in Elo’s Online Service for five years. After the insurance policy ends, the documents will remain available in Elo’s Online Service for the current and preceding year. If your insurance policy has ended earlier than the current and preceding year, you can request a copy of any required documents from Elo’s Customer Service.
If you opt for the paperless service, Elo will also send any possible pension and rehabilitation documents, such as pension and rehabilitation decisions and customer letters electronically to Elo’s Online Pension Service. You will receive an SMS message when a new decision or other document is available in the Pension Service.
Notification messages are unprotected
When new insurance documents or related messages arrive in the Online Service for you, a notification will be sent to you by e-mail. These notifications will not contain any insurance details, but they do reveal that you have a customer relationship with Elo, as well as showing your current insurance policies. This information falls within the scope of insurance secrecy.
E-mails between you and Elo are sent via an open network. When you accept the principles of the paperless service, you also consent for Elo to send you information belonging to the scope of insurance secrecy by e-mail.
Keep your e-mail address up-to-date!
Make sure that the e-mail address you have provided for the purpose of receiving notifications is correct and that your e-mail server has enough space for messages sent by Elo.
If we notice that an e-mail has not reached you, we will send you a letter regarding this matter to your mailing address. Any possible invoice reminders will also be sent to you by mail.
Languages and time limits
Elo’s Online Service is available in Finnish, Swedish and English.
The various time limits or deadlines concerning insurance policies, such as an appeal period, are considered as beginning three days from the date on which the document in question is posted in the Online Service.